Saturday, September 1, 2007

Can't help to think Spring

I grew up in the Southern hemisphere, and September means the month of Spring. Yes, it begins on the 21st, but just saying September has a feeling of balmy air and flowers. So although i'm in another hemisphere now, September still has the same meaning for me. And this morning i felt so much Spring. I woke up hearing about Clinton's new book Giving - How we each of us can change the world, and was very intrigued about the title. I knew he has been doing charity organization around the world, but what was this? It resonated so nicely with my steady message : we are all leaving a footprint, we may well choose what it can look like.... So i went into the internet and ordered the book, and was thrilled to see it was being sold at Wal- Mart.Yes! the more public it is made, the better!! I hope it is written in a nice, inspiring way. Then Ichecked CNN/impact, a website I heard advertised on TV. Surprise! Check it out. http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2007/impact/ The wonderful initiative of organizing and rating different ways to contribute, make it more accessible. Do you want to donate money? choose from the best rated charities, by category: poverty, animals,refugees, children, planet in peril, natural disasters... Do you want to volunteer time, or objects? Find support in how to channel your idea. I loved it!! I was observing the mutually stimulating initiatives: Keeping them honest, the program of A.Cooper, CNN/heroes to make public the small private great individuals who do little great things for others; now this IMPACT site, the book.... Ahhh. This is just beginning .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home