Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Transparency

As I was navigating through the website of outdoor garments Patagonia, I came across this page http://www.patagonia.com/web/us/footprint/index.jsp I was amazed to see how they share the itinerary of their goods on a map, from design to sale, and then share for each step what is the distance travelled, the energy consumed, the carbon emission and the waste produced. This honest account, stating both the "good" and the "bad" of their current production cycle filled me with hope, as they are setting an example, raising the bar, creating a new standard, that will make me ask: Why is this other company not doing that? This is the wonderful virtuous circle that I have been observing....Ah! Each of us is shaping the world, one decision at a time. What world do you want to live in?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home