Thursday, July 24, 2008

Pain or fun?

A week ago I read about the new message of "wecansolveit.org", and I liked the positive approach. A few days later I talked to Roger Saillant who just finished a fiction novel, where he and a colleague write a fun, yet educational piece about use of energy in our times. He explained to me that he wanted to bring the message to youth in a different way. I was reflecting on both episodes and realized that they were suggesting that awareness can be fostered with creativity and lightness, with joy and hope.
But I also think that unless we don't feel the pain, we don't change habits. Hm.
And then again, we do so many things for pleasure, for going after what we like, every day... I am curious if we were to list the daily things we do, do we do more to avoid problems and pain than to have joy, feel pleasure, satisfaction or joy? Or the other way around?
Given the choice I think I would rather go for the joy than for avoiding pain. When we are avoiding problems or pain we are gray, tense, like a compact folded paper. When we go after joy and fun we are light, shiny, radiant, like colored feathers floating in the sun.
Yes, I guess it does make sense to seek to connect the awareness of the legacy we should work on - with the joy and fun.
The answers are in Nature, they say. I see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home