Saturday, June 7, 2008

Lureeta reports

Around 4000 US soldiers donated their lives in Iraq. But to count more accurately the toll of war, a report from Inter Press Service claims that the death toll in Iraq has likely passed 1 million. Dahr Jamail is a journalist who has done some of the best 'on the ground' reporting from Iraq. Check http://www.americanswhotellthetruth.org/pgs/portraits/Dahr_Jamail.html and http://dahrjamailiraq.com/weblog/ . He is the author of Beyond the Green Zone: Dispatches from an Unembedded Journalist in Occupied Iraq.
Now I've jumped into a space shuttle and I'm looking down to the Earth. I'm Lureeta, a journalist from a different planet, outside the Solar System. I'm reporting about this planet they call Earth. I am reporting about how inhabitants live here. At the time of counting lives lost in a man-caused cause, what difference does it make where they were born- I will report the estimated toll is over 1 million.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home