Tuesday, May 8, 2007

The invisible

Carole clicked on the link I inserted yesterday and said she could not see what I was referring to. So I went back and clicked on the link to see what came up. To me, the same image came up as I had seen the day before, and which inspired my reflections about reaching out and being chained by our assumptions. What I found fascinating was that this short experience sampled to me what communication is about. Whether the link displayed properly or not for her, whether the image was not showing up or she didn't notice it - that is unimportant. What the Internet is portraying is the challenge of communication: where we constantly talk about things we see and others may not see them, things that exist for others and we cannot even imagine them. The more obvious they seem for some, the more fascinating to discover it's not that obvious. For example, everyone knows how a knee bends.... Or not? (Photo: I.Altieri)

1 Comments:

At May 10, 2007 at 8:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

about the foto of the unusual way to use the knee, made me think...
..how "opposite ways" could work and possibly are present in life, even if we ignore them (yet)...?
remembers me words from
Einstein:"never stop asking...!"

martha

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home