Monday, November 10, 2008

connection

Are you familiar with sandpipers? they are tiny birds that I find on the beach, they have an incredible speed, they walk so so fast that their little legs are hard to see. They don't like to get wet, so they walk along the shore picking little bugs and watching the waves to get out of their way. Well - not always.
Today I was walking at sunrise, and I saw a sandpiper. Normally they go in groups, but this one was on her own. As I walked closer I saw a big truck coming on the beach, it's actually not a truck, it's a machine that flattens the sand, not sure what for, but there is a driver and that's what he does every day. I didn't want this big truck to scare the bird, so I stood between the bird and the trucks path, several yards away, because I know the driver avoids to disturb people.
It worked, and the bird continued picking her bugs. But then something weird happened. She suddendly looked at me, and began to walk towards me. She was no longer facing the waves, but instead walked slowly towards me, until she stopped, only 2 yards away. And the hyperkinetic bird paused, she just stood there watching me. I was so surprised of this unusual behavior! She didn't even move as a person passed jogging, as a fisherman approached. I wondered if she was hypnotized :-) But then I finally connected, and we spent a few minutes in the same dimension, we were both part of Nature. I also took a few pictures, beyond having this timeless moment. So here she is.

1 Comments:

At November 17, 2008 at 5:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ME ENCANTÒ!
;-)
su

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home